Wednesday, September 2, 2020

To Faery Gone (1 September 2020)

I am to Faery Gone*_
across the sídhe,
beyond the slippery sod!
In velvet fields of wonder
I will roam
Until the Muse calls me home.

I have to Faery gone_
Witching the Otherside,
tripping up the stray sod,
tearing the mundane asunder;
As into the Faery gloam
     I wander like a gnome. 
 
I have to Faery gone_
with whiskers, fish and soul.
Up the stairs, across the lawn_
and through the Hollowing Hole!
Out on the Witch_
beneath the Celestial Dome!

I had to Faery gone_
brooming, I rode astride,
    all covered in woad.
Into the Muses Hut I did blunder,
gathering insights
         as I was shown.

I will to Faery be gone_
    across the sídhe,
beyond the ever-loose sod
seeking the ever-Blue Flower
of the Faery Queen_
Until—
        I am into Faery grown.
So mote it be!

- Montague Whitsel

 

 

 *Because sometimes you need to get some distance from 'what is' in order to see a little more (clearly).

No comments:

Post a Comment